Monday, September 12, 2011

I miss my mom...

Mary Lou Pack

| Visit Guest Book

Mary Lou Bird Pack1939 ~ 2011Mary Lou Bird Pack, 71, passed away Sept. 2, 2011 of complications following surgery. She was born Dec. 31, 1939 in Tooele, Utah to Rexford Harry Bird and Mary Ellen Bryan. She married Wallace Dean Pack on Aug. 17, 1961 in the Salt Lake Temple.She was a loving and dedicated wife and mother, who thoroughly enjoyed her many grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She is loved very much and will be missed greatly. She is survived by her husband, Wallace; six children, Lilia (Robert) Buchmuller, Penny (Jeff) Taylor, Collette (Barrett) Hicken, Gerald (Chelise) Pack, Benjamin Pack, and Kimberlee (Corey) Cracroft; 23 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; two sisters, Donna Hanke and Joan Merrill; five brothers, Ronald (Lamona), Bob (Dawn), Dale, Bill (Penny), and Dan (Patty) Bird.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, Sept. 7, at 12 Noon at the Valley View 12th Ward, 2125 Evergreen Ave., Salt Lake City; there friends and family may visit Tuesday, Sept. 6, from 7-8:30 p.m., and Wednesday, from 10:30-11:30.



You can never really prepare yourself for that day that you lose your mother. I did not see this day coming for a long time. She was preparing to leave the hospital and within hours she was gone. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night just feeling her absence. It hurts... I have good days and I have bad days.... I feel her presence near helping me stay strong... sorry for the jumbled thoughts... I just really miss her.

5 comments:

Abi said...

Don't say sorry for the thoughts . . . you are amazing and I am sorry this has happened. Family is everything and just know we love you so much!

Megs said...

Kimmy, I am so sorry. My heart really does hurt for you. David said the funeral was really neat. He walked out of there KNOWING that your mom was an amazing woman. He couldn't say enough good about her. He said he wished he had gotten a chance to meet her because she was a special lady.

Katie said...

So sad Kim, I still can't believe she passed away...I am sorry this is such a hard time. She is such a beautiful, kind hear-ted, special lady. I know she is happy, with knowing how much all of you (her kids) her grand children and great grand children love her. Big hugs.

maxfamclan said...

those are beautifully true thoughts. I am sorry. Your mom was amazing and I see a lot of her amazing traits in you. I hope that you are surviving day to day life amidst the heartache. Hang in there. Call me if you need a distraction or a reason to get out of the house. I will always remember her voice when you we were trying to leave and she needed you, "Kimmy!" Her humor was always a relief too. I felt so sad when she wasn't in our ward anymore. Love you, and I'm so sorry.

Halo BW said...

*giving virtual hug*

https://www.cekaja.com/info/produk-terbaru-apple-di-indonesia